When we started Old Jews Telling Jokes, I really wanted to sell the videos for 5¢ each. A nickel a joke, just like the old nickelodeons I only ever saw on Main Street at Disneyland, where you dropped in a coin and watched a rudimentary film from the early 1900s that played for about 3 minutes. It seemed like the right price, a good vaudevillian precedent, and a good way to allow people to skip the ads, which everyone universally seems to dislike. “Too many commercials!” is the number one complaint I get in email.
My penny arcade dreams have finally been realized. Yesterday we launched the Old Jews Telling Jokes app for iPad. It allows you to buy a season pass (actually, at less than 5¢ per joke —what a deal) and watch the series without commercials. It also contains a bunch of jokes that will not be available on the website, because, you know, value add etc.
So, you know, support the Old Jews! Buy our app! Buy your parents and grandparents an iPad and teach them how to use it so they can buy our app! And, most importantly, find an Old Jew who tells jokes and give them a hug.
- mlpinky1999 likes this
- yaelgurvits reblogged this from splitsider
- tbabyt likes this
- mmm-maia likes this
- liljazzmin6564 likes this
- kittkatt117 likes this
- houseoforange likes this
- findingrikka likes this
- alexblagg likes this
- mahalodotcom likes this
- life-and-the-cinema likes this
- kikillokikillo likes this
- mahalodotcom reblogged this from spiegelman
- tracysoren reblogged this from splitsider and added:
- madeupmemories likes this
- sospangly reblogged this from splitsider and added:
- loganmsachon likes this
- kraken-queen likes this
- splitsider reblogged this from spiegelman
- fatmanatee likes this
- spiegelman posted this